Thursday, August 6, 2009

In the beginning...

Alas, I have finally decided to start a blog. I’ve had the inkling of doing one of these things every so often, but usually talk myself out of it before I even start. My life is not nearly interesting enough to capture the interest of any bored individual looking to kill time by reading about the daily musings of my uneventful life. In addition, my mild to moderate case of perfectionism and crippling fear of failure also sets in periodically to pop my bubbling aspirations.

Since my major was journalism in college, I feel a looming sense of pressure to formulate sentences correctly and punctuate properly. I fear people will judge me if I misplace a comma or use “there” instead of “their.” I also think that if I forget to update this thing or neglect to put anything meaningful or interesting on here, I will become some sort of blogging failure.

So here it goes. Watch me throw caution to the wind or whatever that saying is (my husband likes to make fun of me for my improper usage of idiomatic phrases). This is it…the beginning of a pseudo social experiment and daily (or whenever) sounding board for me. I may use one comma too many or I may bore you with uninteresting details or I may not update this thing for days…or weeks.

But if you are reading this, please let me know your thoughts, your struggles, and your reactions to any of the posts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I think you're off to a great start. You know, I too have worried about where my punctuation usually should be. However I don't worry about it. I try my best and if someone doesn't like it, then oh well. You have a great site and never let anything discourage you.

I have a wonderful site, feel free to check it out.

I write Inspirational Stories from the Heart! My blog is: Http://Writing4Heaven.blogspot.com

So feel free to drop on by and let me know what you think.