Sunday, August 9, 2009

Shades of white

How many shades of white, off-white and cream are there? You might be surprised. Above are just a few of the sample swatches I picked up today at Home Depot. My husband and I are in the process of remodeling our house so we can sell it next spring, and our recent project to tackle is...repainting the kitchen cabinets. We first had the inclination to stain them, however, we quickly changed our minds after we attempted to sand one cabinet door last weekend. So instead, we have decided to paint them...all 30 or so of them. After my Sunday Zumba class, I ventured over to our local Home Depot with sweat still dripping down my forehead and trotted over to the paint section. "This shouldn't be too hard," I thought. After about 20 to 30 minutes of carefully evaluating the ever-so-slight nuances between Antique White, Cottage White and Ultra Pure White, I left the store with, not a gallon of paint, but instead these swatches in the picture. I'll be mulling over these different colors the next couple days and will have to take my husband with me next time to force me to make a decision.

Also, in church this morning, we learned a new worship song that really spoke to me today. Here are the lyrics...
FROM THE INSIDE OUT (Joel Houston, copyright Hillsong Publishing)

A thousand times I've failed, Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again, Still I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never-ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart in my soul, Lord, I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise, Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, My purpose remains
The art of losing myself, In bringing You praise
Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never-ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart in my soul, Lord I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise, Become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never-ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
From the inside out Lord my soul cries out

1 comment:

Connie from Beverly Hills California said...

My goodness!! I did not know it was that many!! Stop by I am having 2 Giveaways. Thanks, Connie